Sunday, October 1, 2017

Set Free

"In Christ, there is no condemnation."

Romans 8:1


      You focus on where you fail, but I see where you grew. You look more and more like Christ with every choice. Keeping your eyes on your failures will never let you see the victory.
There is a reason you focus on your failures. Words have been spoken into you by others that took root and choked out the joy and peace and love you had in Me. Your child-like faith was crushed and the lies were rooted deep. Ask Me to reveal them to you. I will. Ask Me to get rid of them, and we will--together. You have to be willing to let them go. It will not be easy because they have been your constant companion all these years. These lies are familiar; they are comfortable; they are who you believed you are all these years. You have to be willing to let them go.
You know I am good. You know I am faithful. You know I can do this thing. You just have to trust Me that the pain will be only for a moment.
You can keep those companions, but you will never be an overcomer if you do. My way leads to complete freedom. That's what I want for you.
You love me. I know that you do. I have never doubted that. I know you. Let me love you the way you need for Me to love you.

"Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death." 

2 Corinthians 7:10

No comments:

Post a Comment