Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Good, Better, Best

I've been fasting for weeks now, praying a bold prayer for salvation, restoration, freedom, and provision for someone.  As I near the end of my self-imposed fast, I long to see the fruition of my prayers.  Things have improved.  Things are good, but I long for the better.  I long to see the truth pouring from this one's life.

I know that God has not ignored my prayers and petitions.  I know that He sees the sacrifice of my fasting.  I know that He has my answer.  I just want it now.  I don't want to wait another day, another month, another year of this person's life.  I want freedom for him now!

I know God has a plan, and I know it is in the works.  I know my answer is on the way.  I do not know what causes the delay, so I wait impatiently.  And in my impatience, I so want to take control of what is not mine to control.  I take a deep breath and pray:  My ways, are not Your ways, Father.  My plan is not Your plan.  YOUR plan, O Lord, is not better; it is best.

Just help me to wait on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment