Thursday, January 5, 2012

Is Anything too Hard for the Lord?

I've drawn a circle in the sand, much like Honi, the eccentric sage of first century BC Jerusalem.  In a drought-ridden land, Honi took a risk, drew a circle in the sand, and prayed to Almighty God for rain, saying he would not leave the circle (or stop praying) until God poured down liquid relief from the heavens.  In a beautiful move of God, rain quenched the thirsty land.

I, too, am thirsty.  I am thirsty for God to move in a miraculous manner; I am begging Him to move where only He can move and move like only He can move.  HE has my answer, and like Honi of old, I'm not going anywhere until this prayer is answered.

My prayer is a big one.  No one, including me, would ever have thought to pray this particular prayer.  In fact, my prayer started small:  salvation, freedom, and restoration for someone close to me.  It really isn't a small prayer, but compared to the one I am praying now, that one was tiny!  God showed me last night that I wasn't praying big enough, bold enough prayers.  He wants to do something amazing (miraculous even), but I had to step up and take a risk.

I drew a circle, placed his name in it, and claimed the victory for this new thing--salvation, yes; freedom--yes; restoration--yes.  But, now I am praying that this person will preach the Good News, and he will work with those who have addictions, showing them the way to freedom. 

I've been waiting for thirty years for the answer to my small prayer.  I have a feeling (a peaceful feeling) that the answer to my big new prayer is just around the corner.

No one else could do this.  No one else would even think to pray this prayer for this fellow.  God told me to pray boldly.  When it is accomplished, everyone will say, "This is from God!" 

Is anything too hard for the Lord?  No.  There is nothing that God can't do.  This truly will be miraculous!  And I can't wait to have a front row seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment