Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I have a friend from high school who unexpectedly lost her husband just a few days before Christmas.  His funeral was to be on Friday, the eve of Christmas Eve.  On Thursday she posted, as she always does, her Thankful Thursday list.  It struck me that even in her grief, she had much that made her grateful--one key piece being the last nine-and-a-half years being married to her "love sweet love".

Today is Thursday.  It is Thankful Thursday for me too.

What are you grateful for?  Here's my list.

1.  I am grateful for Christian writers who hear the voice of God and obey Him.  I am where I am in my life's journey because of those countless writers who have poured into me with their revelations from God. 

2.  I am grateful for the promises of God!  That is a biggie!  I am holding tight to the promise that He has a plan for each of us, a plan that is beneficial to us and not harmful.  I am holding tight to this promise for loved one, that understanding would come and give birth to new life in Jesus.  Jesus isn't giving up on my loved one, and neither am I.  I pray daily.

3.  I am forever grateful that I can pray!  I am so humbled that I can pour my heart out before God on His throne, and He bends down to listen to me

Who am I that He is mindful of me?  I am His created, His beloved.  And for that I am grateful.

Have a blessed Thankful Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment